Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Where the Hell Have I Been???

Hey peeps,

I know I haven't posted in a few months & I'm sorry about that. Life has been super busy, but super rewarding as well! The last real post I made was in April & I showed you all my new peacock tattoo! Well he's finished & I love him! I got the colors to really pop and added some flowers (in the same style as my backpiece) around him. Maybe I'll try to sneak a picture later today & upload it. I also have plans for my left bicep, I just need to get some free time to sit down with my artist & plan it out!

I ended my Spring semester at a 4.0 GPA and am now taking 14 credits over the summer so I've been super busy. I'm in classes Tuesday-Thursday nights and almost all day Saturday but its going to be worth it. I'm working towards a double degree right now and its gonna be really rewarding once I finish. I am thinking I can finish the first one within 2 semesters and the other won't be too much longer after that! Lots of good things to come!

In addition to school, I'm still working full time as well. Gotta love those regular paychecks! The hubby and I are working to get debt paid off little by little and things are going well. We've also got the kiddo here for the summer - so both of us are in total "parent mode" which is super fun.

About 6 weeks ago, the hubby and I joined a new gym and we absolutely LOVE it!!! The environment is amazing & the classes are all taught by professional fighters so we're learning a lot!!! I'm totally loving it! Right now, with school I'm managing to go 4 days a week and then 1 hot yoga class on Wednesdays. So, honestly 5 workouts a week along with a full time day job and 14 credit hours of school - I'd say that's pretty darn impressive! And we got the kiddo a membership too so he's coming to class with us as well! Its super fun!

These workouts are amazing - I've gone from kinda out of shape to being able to do 15 full on-my-toes pushups in about 6 weeks. They're butt kickers & I love every minute of it!! I actually look forward to going to the gym every day & that's a rare thing to say! Its become as much of a priority as everything else in life & there's no way I'd make excuses to miss a workout!

The hubby and I have totally overhauled our nutrition. My weight has been pretty stable since January, but I'm ready to start cutting down on the extra chub that I've got going on. So a few weeks ago we cleaned all the junk out of our nutrition and are both feeling SO much better! We've cut out processed junk, sodas, all fast & fried foods, almost all sugars & are eating lots of whole healthy foods. Its been amazing how changing a diet around can help with everything from crabby moods to insomnia! I'm sleeping SO well these days! Both of us have also been completely smoke free for a long time now so we're really enjoying all the happy health benefits from that as well!

So I think that's it for me - lots of brief updates but unfortunately not a lot of time for other things. If I'm scarce for a few weeks, its because I'm juggling work, school, gym, hubby, kiddo, sleep & sanity (and loving every minute of it!) but I'll try to be good about updating while I can. I think I'll be updating from my phone a lot more in the future because its easier than trying to update from a computer :-)

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment