Friday, June 21, 2013

Time for a Progress Update!!

Hey everyone! Its been a while since I've posted any actual progress updates, so I figured it was about time! I've been working hard at the gym, but not really seen much movement on the scale which can be super frustrating. Today, I took pics & measurements and was super happy with what it showed! In a month, I've lost 12.5 inches from all around and about 6 pounds in total (though some of that was probably water)!

I'm seeing muscle definition where I didn't have any before and I'm getting stronger in my workouts! Those evil burpees are paying off! I'm happy to see progress in my workouts and I look forward to each and every class!!

Okay, so here's the pics - the ones on the left were taken sometime in late February/early March - they were obviously pre-peacock tattoo on my bicep, but I don't remember the exact date. The ones on the right were taken this morning - I'm really pleased with the differences I'm seeing! My tummy looks flatter & leaner from all angles!

OH - and I'm totally sporting my new bodyrock bra & shorts in today's pics! I absolutely love their clothes and totally plan on stocking up on more soon! And yes, I do have a Thor case on my iPhone, just in case you're wondering! And I'm not gonna post my weight since you all probably won't believe it anyways - I'm one of those women who looks a lot smaller than the scale actually says she is....and honestly, I'm not really caring about the number anymore, I just focus on how I'm feeling overall and how my clothes are fitting
Front:


 Left Side:


 Right Side:


 Back Pic:


So overall, I'm seeing lots of progress & I think I need to be patient - changes are coming even if they aren't as fast as I want them to be. Our new gym is amazing and we've made lots of new friends. One of the trainers there is gonna work with me on nutrition, so I'm totally stoked about that. I've adjusted everything I can in my nutrition but sometimes its a struggle to drop weight - even when I'm consistently at 1600 cals for months - so hopefully he'll be able to help me out!

Today is gonna be a fun day! I took off work and the hubby is working a half day. We are gonna head to the gym for the noon boxing class today so I'm super excited! After that, we're meeting a friend for lunch at a new place that just opened up - I'm looking forward to it! I'll take pics if I'm not absolutely ravenous! hehe! Then this afternoon we are all heading to the Albuquerque Comic Expo for some fun times! Maybe we'll get some fabulous new artwork for the house and I know the kiddo is gonna have a fabulous time!

In other news, the semester is about halfway over and classes are going well! My current grades are a 100% in Nutrition, a 96% in Chemistry, A in Chem Lab, B in Biology, A in Bio Lab and an 88% in Psychology. I've got a full plate this term, but I think I'm handling the workload well! I'm managing to juggle the full time job, 14 credits at school, 5 workouts a week at the gym, spending time with my amazing hubby and the great kiddo AND managing to keep up my sleep schedule! I'm also keeping up with my personal reading which helps maintain my sanity - I'm at 191 books so far this year! Woot! Overall I'd say things are going well!

I think that's about it for me! I've gotta go pack my gym bag so I've got clothes to wear after the workout & get ready to the gym! Hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment