Friday, January 25, 2013

New Gadgets & Great Workouts!

Okay peeps - its time for an update! Nutrition has been spot on all week and I've lost the extra water weight from hubby's birthday weekend PLUS was down another pound this morning! Woot! Tonight we are going to a buddy's house for dinner which should be super fun and this weekend will be filled with lots of errands & more organizing of the house

Yesterday, I got my new armband in the mail (I'd ordered it last week but impatiently had to wait for it to ship!) and I LOVE it! It autosyncs with my nutrition tracker to update my calorie intake AND it syncs with an app on my phone so I can get a constant readout over the day of how I'm doing!

When I stopped wearing my Bugg last year, I found I lost a lot of motivation to keep moving - I really liked the digital encouragement to just move a little bit more to hit my goals....which is why I upgraded the armband & got this one! It does SO many things and I'm super stoked to see my progress with it. It doesn't base its calculations on body measurements like my Bugg used to - so that makes me a little nervous, but I'll give it a shot and see how it goes!

This morning at work, I decided to hit the treadmill on my first break and had a fun little interval workout:

Warm Up (i.e. walk from my desk to the gym)
Walk at 3.5 for 2 minutes
Run at 6.0 for 2 minutes
Walk at 3.5 for 2 minutes
Run at 5.5 for 2 minutes
Walk at 3.5 for 2 minutes
Run at 5.5 for 2 minutes
Walk at 3.5 for 2 minutes
Run at 5.5 for 2 minutes
Walk at 3.5 for 2 minutes
Run at 5.5 for 2 minutes
Cool Down (i.e. walk back to my desk)

Total Workout Time: 22 minutes
Total Distance: 1.53 miles

AND here's the fun part - I can upload screenshots of my workouts from my new armband!! KICK ASS! It records steps, calories burned, total activity, "vigorous" activity and total workout time AND I can set up playlists on my iPhone to play in conjunction with the app (but for now I've got my iPod and just listened to that instead)

I love it!

Sent from my iPhone

AND WOW - that's the first running I've done all year, so now I get to start my 2013 mileage tracker! EDIT: OKAY I LIED, I ran a mile about 3 weeks ago but just didn't post it anywhere, so I'm gonna add it to my tracker below now

Total Miles Ran in 2013: 2.53 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment