Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!!

Hey everyone! I hope you all had an AMAZING holiday season and are ready for a fabulous 2013!! My year had its ups and downs, but ultimately I'm happy where I ended up at the end of the year. I did a lot of things to be proud of in 2012:

~ I donated my hair to people fighting cancer - this was an ongoing goal from 2011 and was THRILLED when I could complete this in March 2012!
~ I completed a 12.5 mile race in October and look forward to my first 13.1 by the middle of this year
~ Though I put on some chub this year, I also gained over 20 pounds of muscle! This is a BIG win for me and now I'm working to get lean so I can see the muscle I built last year
~ We paid OFF my car (along with a ton of other debt)!! I couldn't be more thrilled with where we are financially
~ Completed 10,000 Kettlebell Swings in the month of February
~ I've learned to love myself a little more each day and I'm getting more comfortable in my own skin, regardless of its size
~ Hubby and I are stronger than we've ever been and we just recently celebrated our 6 year anniversary of when we started dating
~ I read over 301 books and 85,000 pages this year and can't wait to read more in 2013 (this was me accomplishing my "me time" resolution that I'd made this year and DAMN it helped me maintain my sanity!)
~ I ran the Warrior Dash (almost killed myself, but I did it!), the Dirty Dash, the Las Vegas Zombie run and the Farolito 5K this past year. I'd love to do more races this year if money allows for it! We've already registered for the 2013 Warrior Dash in April so that's a start!
~ Gained a better relationship with food & am back to tracking on myfitnesspal - but only to ensure I eat enough to not starve myself. I learned that my mental issues really have a HUGE impact on what I eat and how I feel, so working on fixing that is a HUGE goal for myself in 2013
~ I know I accomplished little things every day so I'm overall really happy with how 2012 ended!

So - that being said, what are my goals for 2013??

~ Continue to read for sanity - I love my books and can't wait to read (or re-read some favorites) in 2013
~ Set small & attainable goals - sometimes the grand scope of HUGE goals overwhelms me and I find I lack motivation to get started (or keep going)
~ Run a Half Marathon later this year - okay I know this isn't the "small & attainable" thing I was talking about, but this is the ultimate goal & I'll make little goals to get there :-)
~ Continue to get a better relationship with myself & food
~ Accomplish new & amazing things - I need to work on not being afraid to try something new even if there's the possibility that I might fail or might not be good at it :-)

I think that's about it - don't wanna overthink things too much! haha! I'll try to update more regularly than I did at the end of 2012, even if its just for accountability and no one actually reads this :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment