Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I finally got a lifting workout in! YAY!

Okay - so this past week has been a little crazy - its midterm time in school so I've got lots going on, but I've been really good at making time to workout this week :) 

Monday we all made it to the gym & did a kickboxing workout which felt really good. We ended up doing over 100 burpees and 400 high knees (while pressing dumbbells) over the course of the workout, so we got our butts kicked!

Yesterday, I forced myself to not be lazy after class & I did a lifting workout in the garage. It felt good, but I'm still experiencing pain in my left knee so some of the moves had to be modified. I did chair squats to ensure I was getting low enough on my squats and had to do elevated pushups because my knee didn't like the strain of holding plank

I know that I can lift heavier than this, but considering I haven't lifted in a while AND I have a knee injury, I kept the weights lighter than normal. Hopefully within a few weeks I'll be able to raise the weights back up

NROL Workout A:

Chair Squats: 15 X 45lbs, 15 X 45lbs
Static Lunges (slightly modified): 15 X 25lbs, 15 X 25lbs
2-Point DB Rows: 15 X 12.5lbs (each arm), 15 X 12.5
Elevated Push Ups: 15 reps for 2 sets
Swiss Ball Crunch: 20 reps X 25lbs, 20 reps X 25lbs

Overall not a bad little workout - took me about 45 mins. I'm still miffed about my knee & its lack of motion, but I figure I can keep modifying the workouts and I should be okay. Nutrition has been okay the past few weeks but weight has been steady & not moving downward so I'm hoping adding in the workouts will help. I changed back to an IF schedule since I find I sleep better if I don't eat heavy at night - so hopefully I'll start seeing some changes there

Today is a cardio day - either running or something else, not sure yet. Anyways, I'm just trying to get a balance between work, school, family time & working out. 

Hope you all have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment