Thursday, March 7, 2013

I feel like a bad ass!


Hey peeps! I hope you're all having a great Thursday! I know I am! One day closer to the weekend too! Yippee!

So today was supposed to be the first run of Week 7 - 25 mins straight. Once I got to work today, my boss gave us a little bit of extra time to ourselves so I had a full hour for a workout today (including my usual lunch)!! Oh it was exciting!!!

I toyed back and forth with the idea of trying to run a full 5K today or if I just wanted to stick with the 25 min workout as planned. Well, eventually my ambitiousness got the best of me and I hit the treadmill with the plan to run a full 5K!

Honestly, the first 20 mins were relatively easy because I put one of my favorite songs on repeat and just listened to it 4 times in a row. What is this song you ask??? Well its this one:



I absolutely adore that song and the beat is just amazing for running! At about the 20 min mark I switched to my running playlist on my iPod and jammed out to H.I.M, Korean pop and then the Backstreet Boys for my cooldown (yes, I know, I'm kind of a nerd like that)

BUT - I did it! I ran the whole 5K with no rest! I am SO proud of myself! I kind of feel like a bad ass! This is the first 5K distance of the year and I know it definitely won't be the last! Now that I'm back to being able to run the distance, now I'm just going to keep improving. I ran today's 5K at a 5.0 pace (12 min/mile) except for the last quarter mile that I kicked it up to 5.5 MPH (11 min/mile pace) and got it done in about 37 minutes.

Here's a pic to prove it :-)  I know the pic says 37:25, but it took me about 20 seconds to hop off the belt and get the camera on my phone on, so I'm concluding that I ran the whole thing in 37 flat, which will be my baseline from now on. I couldn't be happier with the way this run felt, I was comfortable but still felt like I needed to push it around the 30 min mark (I was getting tired! haha!)


Here's my workout stats for today (inluding warm up and cool down for time & distance)
Total Workout Time: 54 minutes
Total Steps: 7417 Steps
Total Calories Burnt: 680 Cals
Total Distance: 3.78 miles

That's about it for me! I have 1 after school class today after work and then its TV date night with the hubby! We've been watching Biggest Loser Season 7 on Hulu because he's never seen that season before and some of my favorite contestants are from that season. Its so funny - I've seen the whole season before (I know what happens & who wins) but I *still* get all caught up in the drama! Hubby totally laughs at me that I'm getting so into a show that I already know the ending too :-P

Have a great night everyone!

Total Miles Ran in 2013: 29.90 miles

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment