Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Happy Second Monday!

So we've concluded at work that Tuesdays are basically a do-over of Mondays - so we lovingly call them Second Mondays...the torturous beasts that they are....

That being said, I think its fairly obvious why Tuesdays are my running days at work. Its my time to decompress, relieve some stress & get some exercise while I'm at it. Thankfully, we have a gym at work that's nicely equipped with 2 treadmills, an elliptical, 3 stationary bikes, a stairmaster, a full dumbbell rack (10lbs up to 50lbs) & bench, weight machines & mats - so its easy for me to sneak in a workout here when I'm not being a lazy ass.

Today I had built up energy that I needed to get out - and the treadmill was my mode of relief. I snuck over on my first break and got in a nice mile. Ran the first 3/4 of it at an easy 5.0 MPH (12 min mile pace) and then sped it up to a 6.0 MPH (10 min mile pace) for the last quarter mile - for a total run time of 11:36. It felt good and I'm antsy for more. Maybe I'll be able to sneak away later & knock out another mile or two before the day is over! Woot!!

Tonight, we have friends coming over for dinner & I'm planning a healthy Shepherd's Pie (still been craving it!), roasted asparagus and a fabulous fruit salad for dessert....and bought a big bottle of wine for the occasion! Hehe!! Now just a matter of getting through the work day. Meh....

Miles Ran Towards A Better Me in 2012: 15.9 Miles
Total Amount of Joy I've Found From My Running Shoes: Priceless!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Sorry I haven't been around, I've just been on the road a LOT and it's totally messed with my motivation to do anything.

    I'm tempted to delete my SP account, too. I keep getting e-mails with newsletters and whatnot and just keep feeling like it's the same information over and over again. I want to scream "Eat good food and move more!"

    Actually, now that I've been not tracking for a long time now, I'm actually getting better at dialing in what I really want to eat. Turns out, it seems like I like a lot of simply cooked veggies and a little bit of meat. I have it all figured out, but I'm like you -- when the trackers are there, I'm tempted to track, beat myself up, and just make myself miserable instead of simply eating.

    ReplyDelete